Nights of the Living Dead
Calling all zombie fans! New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Maberry (Patient Zero, Rot & Ruin) and the godfather of the dead himself, George Romero (Night of the Living Dead) are joining forces to edit Nights of the Living Dead, an anthology of all-original stories set in the 48 hours surrounding Romero’s landmark film. If you love zombies –and who doesn’t?—it all started with NOTLD. Every zombie movie, comic, book, game, or toy exists because of Romero’s landmark film.
Here's the killer line-up of contributors!
1. Brian Keene –an American author, primarily of horror, crime fiction, and comic books. He has won two Bram Stoker Awards. His 2003 novel The Rising is often credited with inspiring pop culture’s current interest in zombies.
2. Carrie Ryan, international best-selling author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth.
3. Chuck Wendig, New York Times best-selling author of Star Wars: Aftermath.
4. Craig Engler, co-creator and writer of the hit TV series Z Nation.
5. David J. Schow, author, screenwriter and editor, and winner of the International Horror Guild Award.
6. David Wellington, best-selling author of the landmark Monster Island and its sequels as well as the critically acclaimed new zombie novel, Positive
7. George Romero, the Godfather of the dead; writer-director of Night of the Living Dead and its four sequels.
8. Isaac Marion, author of the #5 New York Times best-selling zombie novel, Warm Bodies, which was made into a successful movie
9. Jay Bonansinga, New York Times best-selling author of The Walking Dead novels.
10. Joe Lansdale –best-selling & Bram Stoker Award-winning author of 45 novels as well as comics and short stories. His mystery series, Hap & Leonard is in production for TV. His Bram Stoker Award-winning short story, On the Far Side of the Cadillac Desert with Dead Folks, was included in the first-ever zombie anthology, Book of the Dead (ed by John Skipp and Craig Spector)
11. Joe McKinney –multiple Bram Stoker Award winning author of zombie fiction Dead City, The Savage Dead and others; and others.
12. John Russo, co-screenwriter of Night of the Living Dead, and author of the first-ever zombie novels Night of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead
13. John Skipp: best-selling author (The Light at the End), filmmaker (Tales of Halloween), editor-in-chief of Fungasm Press, and co-editor of the original post-Romero zombie anthology, Book of the Dead.
14. Jonathan Maberry, New York Times best-selling author of Patient Zero, Rot & Ruin, Dead of Night, Zombie CSU and co-author of Marvel Zombies Return
15. Keith R.A. DeCandido, best-selling author of the Resident Evil novels, as well as popular novels in the worlds of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek, Sleepy Hollow, V-Wars
16. Max Brallier: is the author of more than twenty books and games, including the middle-grade series The Last Kids on Earth, the pick-your-own-path adventure Can YOU Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
17. Mike Carey: Award-winning comic book writer (Lucifer –basis of the TV series, Hellblazer, X-Men: Legacy) and novelist (the Felix Castor series, The Girl with All the Gifts –in post-production for film).
18. Mira Grant, NY Times best-selling author (pen name of Seanan McGuire) whose Newsflesh series hits every zombie best-of list and was ranked #74 in an National Public Radio listener poll of the top 100 thriller novels of all time. Mira/Seanan has won the John W. Campbell Award, Darrell Awards Hall of Fame, six Pegasus Awards, and a Hugo Award
19. Neal Shusterman & Brandon Shusterman: Neal Shusterman is a winner of the National Book Award and a best-selling author. His son, filmmaker Brandon, is a frequent collaborator for Neal’s short fiction.
20. Sandra Brown & Ryan Brown: Sandra is an international best-selling author of over 70 novels; Ryan is the celebrated author of the zombie sports novel Play Dead)