February 2nd, 2017
#BookNews!! David Gale at Simon & Schuster has bought Jonathan Maberry's ROT & RUIN: BROKEN LANDS, which will push reset on his YA series ROT & RUIN, about teenagers surviving the zombie apocalypse. In Broken Lands and its sequel, Lost Roads, Maberry introduces a new cast of characters and puts a new spin on the walking dead by exploring bizarre mutations, new human threats, and a nightmare landscape of nature gone wild and weird. The books are scheduled for summer 2018 and 2019; Sara Crowe at Pippin Properties did the deal for world rights.
January 18th, 2017
For those who missed the newsletter (and if you're not signed up for my newsletter, visit the Contact page here and sign up for all the latest news and special events), The X-Files Origins: Devil's Advocate has been released along with The X-Files Origins: Agents of Chaos by Kami Garcia!
December 5th, 2016
Kill Switch has been selected as one of Suspense Magazine’s “Best of 2016” books in the Dark Urban Fantasy / Paranormal category!
October 24th, 2016
Book Release! BENEATH THE SKIN: The Sam Hunter Case Files. Noir private investigator stories with a bite. Check it out here!
October 5th, 2016
Awesome news - I've been asked to be a Special Guest at ComicCon 2017! So if you're attending next year, look for me there! More news as it comes in.
August 23, 2016
V-Wars: Shockwaves! NEW RELEASE: The final volume of the V-Wars quadrology debuts today! All new stories by Joe McKinney, Dana Fredsti, Jade Shames, James Ray Tuck Jr, Lucas Mangum, Jeff Mariotte & Marsheila Mariotte, Nancy Holder, Jennifer Brozek, Lois Gresh, John Skipp & Cody Goodfellow, Mike Watt, John Dixon, Weston Ochse, and Yvonne Navarro.
Go here for info on where to buy!
August 18th, 2016
Gearing up for the Scary Out There blog tour starting on August 22nd. For the complete schedule, go here!
August 17th, 2016
Check out the interview I did on writing Dark of Night! Thanks to David Dunwoody for the opportunity to be first in his new Nano-Interview series, which "plugs into the brains of talented zombie artists and extracts their wit, wisdom and anything else it can get its teeth into." Read the interview here.
August 6th, 2016
How did Fox Mulder become a believer? How did Dana Scully become a skeptic? The X-Files Origins has the answers in this young adult origin story.
July 31, 2016
Joe Ledger meets Agents Franks in a shared adventure by me and Larry Correia in URBAN ALLIES. Out now!
Joe Ledger THE KING OF PLAGUES, now available in mass market paperback! #JoeLedgerDMS
July 28, 2016
Kill Switch fans...there's a new Harry Bolt/Violin/Sam Hunter story in LIMBUS INC Vol III (out tomorrow) that connects to the latest Joe Ledger novel. Check it out!
July 27, 2016
July 22, 2016
Lots of news today! Also, updated ComicCon Schedule here!
#MovieNews from #SDCC2016 -my upcoming teen sic-fi novel, MARS ONE, has been optioned for TV by producers Janet Zucker (Zucker Productions) and Tony Eldridge (Lone Tree Entertainment). The novel debuts 4/4/2017. Look for more info on that on my website in the next few days!
Check out this interview with me and Kami Garcia with Entertainment Weekly. We reveal new details about X-Files: Origins!
My first collection of short fiction is now available! Whistling Past the Graveyard now available in paperback and hardback! Order Here!
July 19, 2016
Just in time before ComicCon! The reveal of the covers for the X-Files Origins books: Agents of Chaos, featuring a 17 year old Mulder and Devil's Advocate, featuring a 15 year old Scully. Check out the Wall Street Journal article here!
July 12, 2016
It's once again time for ComicCon, folks! My schedule is posted here, with possible additions still to come!
July 10th, 2016
eBook version of Whistling Past the Graveyard available for purchase today! The hardcover and paperback versions will be available on July 22nd, just twelve more days!
Go here for the eBook!
June 25, 2016
Welcome back to Pine Deep with the special 10th anniversary edition of Ghost Road Blues, available now!
Dead Man's Song 10th anniversary edition will be out on August 30th; and Bad Moon Rising will be released December 27th.
“I first met Jonathan when he was a teenager and I predicted great things then. And look, he has achieved great things. Jonathan Maberry is writer whose works will be read for many, many years to come.” –Ray Bradbury
“Maberry has the unique gift of spinning great stories in any genre he chooses. His (Pine Deep) vampire novels are unique and masterful.” –Richard Matheson
June 22, 2016
Halloween will come early this year. I have two books coming out on August 30. SCARY OUT THERE (an anthology of horror for teens) and VAULT OF SHADOWS (2nd in my middle grade series about human and supernatural kids fighting alien invaders). Both in HC from Simon & Schuster SimonTEEN
New release of Out of Tune: Book II.
"New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Maberry presents a brand new collection of original stories by some of today’s top authors of horror, dark fantasy, and science fiction. Each tale draws strange inspiration from classic folks songs and murder ballads from around the world.
OUT OF TUNE Volume 2 includes strange and disturbing stories by Rachel Caine, Cherie Priest, David Mack, Dan Abnett, Laura Anne Gilman, Delilah Dawson, Alison Pang, David J. Schow, James A. Moore, Nik Vincent-Abnett, J.C. Koch and Eric J. Guignard."
Check out the Anthologies page for more info!
#BreakingNews I'm editing ALIENS: BUG HUNT, all new stories of the Colonial Marines (Titan Books, 2017) Here's the killer lineup!
1. Brian Keene is a best-selling horror author and comic book writer. His landmark novel The Rising helped establish the genre of zombie literature.
2. Christopher Golden, #1 New York Times best-selling author, editor and comic book writer. His works include Tin Men, Lord Baltimore (with Mike Mignola), Cemetery Girl (with Charlaine Harris), and Aliens: River of Pain.
3. Dan Abnett is a multiple New York Times best-selling author and comic book writer who's work includes the Gaunt's Ghosts series, The Horus Heresy, Doctor Who, and the Guardians of the Galaxy comic that inspired the motion picture.
4. David Farland, is a New York Times award-winning author who has worked with Star Wars, the Mummy, and his own bestselling fantasy Runelords series.
5. Heather Graham Pozzessere: International best-selling author of over seventy suspense novels.
6. James A. Moore, is a best selling author of twenty-five novels including his own Seven Forges series who has also worked with Aliens, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the World Of Darkness.
7. Jonathan Maberry, NY Times bestselling author of Patient Zero, Rot & Ruin, and many other novels; anthology editor and comic book writer.
8. Keith DeCandido iis a Scribe finalist whose works include Star Trek, Supernatural, Stargate SG-1, and many others.
9. Larry Correia is the bestselling author of the Monster Hunter International series, the Grimnoir Chronicles, and the Dead Six military thrillers
10. Matt Forbeck is a New York Times bestselling author and award-winning game designer whose latest works include Halo: New Blood, the Marvel Encyclopedia, and his Shotguns & Sorcery series.
11. Mike Resnickk is a best-selling author of military science fiction, including The Outpost, The Dead Enders series, and many more; and has edited dozens of anthologies. He has won multiple Hugo Awards, the Homer Award, the Skylark Award, as well as many international awards.
12. Paul Kupperberg is a former editor in chief for DC Comics, and a prolific writer of comic books and newspaper strips.
13. Rachel Caine, New York Times bestselling author of almost 50 thriller, SF/F, and YA novels, including Ink and Bone, and the Morganville Vampires series.
14. Ray Garton, bestselling author of over sixty books and recipient of the Grandmaster Award from the World Horror Convention.
15. Scott Sigler, NY Times bestselling author of INFECTED and the ALIVE, Book I of the Generations Trilogy.
16. Tim Lebbon, is the best-selling author of Coldbrook, The Cabin in the Woods, the Noreela series of fantasy books (Dusk, Dawn, Fallen and The Island), the NY Times Bestselling novelisation of the movie 30 Days of Night, Alien: Out of the Shadows, and Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void.
17. Weston Ochse, USA Today New and Notable List, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of SEAL Team 666 and Grunt Life
18. Yvonne Navarro, Bram Stoker award-winning author of the Dark Redemption Series, Aliens: Music of the Spears, and seven Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels.
May 11, 2016: And because Church gets representation in CafePress, so do I! Just added Rot & Ruin Zombie Trading Card merch featuring yours truly. Zombies were people too!
May 10, 2016: Finally, Mr. Church gets representation in my CafePress store. Why? Because he has friends in the industry. Check it out here!
Looking for some fun gift ideas for your favorite Joe Ledger or Benny Imura fan? Check out the gear here at my CafePress store. Make sure to check back for new designs in the next couple of weeks.
April 21, 2016. Talk about an awesome surprise! On tonight's episode of Orphan Black, the clones are hiding out in the basement of a comic book store and one of them asks if they have the latest issue of the "ROT & RUIN" comic. How cool is that?
And ... check out the poster of my V-Wars comic in the window! Here's the full cover art by Ryan Brown.
This is one of the proudest days in my life as a writer and writing teacher. The books in the photo are actually two sides of a 'Double Down', two novellas in one, published by JournalStone. On one side is DARK OF NIGHT, a novella I wrote with former writing student Rachael Lavin (known online as Rachael Elle). It combines the Joe Ledger series with DEAD OF NIGHT and the ROT & RUIN. On the flip-side is FLESH AND FIRE, a novella written by another former writing student, Lucas Mangum. This is a debut for both of them, and I can guarantee that these are writers who are going to make a serious impact on the world of horror and dark fantasy. Congratulations to them both! The book debuts in print and eBook on Tuesday 4/22 and on audio in May (read by Ray Porter).
Calling ALL zombie fans! New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Maberry (Patient Zero, Rot & Ruin) and the godfather of the dead himself, George Romero (Night of the Living Dead) are joining forces to edit Nights of the Living Dead, an anthology of all-original stories set in the 48 hours surrounding Romero’s landmark film. If you love zombies –and who doesn’t?—it all started with NOTLD. Every zombie movie, comic, book, game, or toy exists because of Romero’s landmark film.
Nights of the Living Dead will be published by Griffin, and will include stories by:
I’m insanely honored to be the recipient of an award that is named after me. Yeah...I know. That’s surreal. The CCA Writers Conference –the nation’s only absolutely free writers conference for teens—has created the Jonathan Maberry Inspiring Teens Award.
Copyright Jonathan Maberry, LLC. Site design by John Langan. Author Photographs by Sara Jo West.